Undersigned Slobodan Vujasinović, a doctor of medicine, specialised in dermatovenerology, was born in Brežice, Slovenia in 26th January 1957 as the only son of the father who passed away in 1984, and the mother, a retired professor of Slavic studies at the Faculty of Pedagogics in Maribor, maiden named Zupančič, who died in 1988. I am the citizen of the Republic of Slovenia and permanently domiciled in Kidričeva 5, Laško, Slovenia.
I attended primary school in Zadar, Croatia, and, after finishing it, continued my schooling at Grammar School in Zagreb to graduate as an A-student in 1975. In the same year, I decided to enrol to the Faculty of Medicine, Zagreb and gained university graduation with sufficiency in October 1980. After graduation I performed internship at Celje Health Centre, Slovenia, and passed an examination of professional competence in Ljubljana on March 2nd 1982. Since that day and up to 1985 I was working as a general practitioner in Radeče Health Centre (the community of Laško and also my mother's place of birth). Within this period of time, I was also in the function of the acting director of Radeče Health Centre. In August 1st 1985 I left for the Clinic for Skin and Venereal Diseases of The University in Zagreb for the purpose of medical specialisation and to successfully pass the exam of professional competence in 1988. I was offered a permanent post with the same clinic. My entire work was fully mentored by Aleksej Kansky, prof. med.sc. and by Ivan Dobrić, prof. med.sc. All my work activities done at the clinic were completely carried out by myself in various policlinic dispensaries (general dispensary for dermatology, the dispensary for children dermatology, dispensatory for basic dermatological treatments, , dispensary for medical cosmetology, dispensary for psychosomatics in dermatology, dispensary for trichology, as well as the dispensary for sexually transmittable diseases and AIDS); I also worked as a ward doctor (wards for male patients, female patients and children); I was engaged in a research work, in the educational process for students of medicine and young practitioners, published numerous specialist articles and was also active at writing a specialist schoolbook. I took an active and passive part in many national and international symposiums. I was also granted the scientific status by the Faculty of Medicine in Zagreb, i.e. the researcher-colleague. Furthermore, I went on post-graduation studies and signed in my master degree thesis (mentored by Eugenija Cividini-Stranić, prof.med. sc., “Psychosomatic Profile of a Patient Suffering Psoriasis”.). I was an active member of the group for “Transplantation of Bone Marrow” at the Hematological Clinic of UCC Zagreb-Rebro (under the leadership Boris Labar, prof.med.sc.). In 1990, I spent one month on studies at the St Louis Hospital in Paris, especially for sexually transmittable diseases and AIDS (dr. Morel, prof.), which also enabled me to gain as many experience in the field of dermatosurgery as possible (Serge Letessier, M.D.).
For the reason of the Republic of Slovenia entering in its independence, I quitted my job at the Clinic in Zagreb in 1991 and returned to the community of Laško to join my wife and three pre-school children. Since now one, I worked as a general practitioner in Laško Medical Centre, and also performed dermatovenearological practice in the same Medical Centre, in a registered private dispensary. I continued my specialist cooperation with wards for dermatology at GH in Maribor and Celje, as well as with the ones in Ljubljana and Zagreb. Since 1993, I have had a regular employment with the Secondary Medical School in Celje as the teacher of specialist subjects (basic clinical subjects, care for psychiatric patients, care for infected patients, care for internist patients, care for paediatric patients, care for surgical patients, and care for gynaecological patients), while still running dispensary for dermatology in Laško twice a week. I have been a member of Slovene and Croatian Section for Dermatology and take much pride in the regular membership in The International Association for Dermatosurgery – ISDS (seated in Chicago – the USA) as the only member from Slovenia from September 30th 1997 on.
My non-professional spare time activity is being the doctor of sport medicine in Pivovarna Laško basketball team. In 1993, 1994 and 1995 I was active in lecturing at the symposium of The Slovene Association of Doctors of Medicine of Sport and also gained the licence for performing this kind of medical practice.
I have tried many times already to get a job of a dermatologist in the Slovene Public Health Retention net, however mostly unsuccessfully, which made me decide for my private practice. Since September 4th 1995 I ran a “Private dispensary for skin and sexual diseases” in Laško Thermal Spa as the first Slovene dermatovenearologist-private person (without concession granted). Since then I have been carrying out a perpetual dermatovenearological practice. Beside general dermatological medical examinations, I have been especially enthusiastic about psychosomatic aspects of treating chronic skin diseases and primary dermatosurgical interventions. It is a regular daily work; I run all necessary documentations and also employ a professional nurse. Up to now, the number of my patients has overcome 25,000 patients coming from the entire Slovenia and partially also from Croatia. Furthermore, I have also taken much care for a constant gaining of new knowledge in this field of medicine; for this reason, I participated in many specialist symposiums and conferences both actively and passively (See the list attached!). Despite all these facts, I still tend to have make knowledge expanded which, however, is rather considered as most requiring for running a private practice (without any concession granted). In 1995 I became an Independent Expert for the field of dermatovenearology of the Republic of Slovenia and it was my own will to cease this cooperation in 2014.
I reside in Laško, Slovenia together with my wife and three children and I am in a possession of a flat. I am fluent in Slovene, Croatian and English.
Within 2010 and 2016 I studied LOGOTHERAPY by Frankl and managed to gain the university degree in September 15th 2016.
LIST OF PUBLISHED ARTICLES
01. Paljan D.; Vujasinović S., Kansky A., Cividini-Stranić E.: Psoriasis Cases Triggered off by
Psychophysical Stress, Acta Derm Jug 15 (1988), 17-21
02. Dobrić I., Vujasinović S., Kaštelan A., Baričević B., Labar B., Bogdanović V., Nemet D: Spremembe v
koži zaradi reakcije transplatanta proti prejemniku (Skin Modifications Due to Transplantant
Reaction against Receiver). Patoganeza in diagnostika, Lijeć. Vjes. 12:463, 1988.
03. Dobrić I., Vujasinović S., Labar B., Bogdanović V., Nemet D., Kaštelan A.; Baričević B., Vranešić D.,
Škrinjar Lj.: Spremembe v koži zaradi reakcije transplantanta proti prejemniku (Skin Modifications
Due to Transplatant Reaction against Receiver.) 2. Lastne klinične izkušnje
svetlostnomikroskopski in elektromikroskopski izvidi (Proper clinical experience light-microscopic
and electro-microscopic results), Lijeć. Vjes. 2: 76, 1989.
04. Basta Juzbašić A., Balić Winter A., Vujasinović S., Baričević B., Dobrić I.: Pojav Pemfigusa po
terapiji z D-penicilinom (The Occurence of Pemfigus after D-penicillin treatment), Acta Derm Jug
15 (1988), 121-126-
05. Basta Juzbašić A., Vujasinović S., Dobrić I., Stanimirović A.: Dermatitis Artefakta in emocionalne
spremembre osebnosti (Dermatitis Artefacta and emotional modifications of personality), Acta
Derm Jug 15 (1988), 127-136.
06. Kansky A., Vujasinović S., Cividini-Stranić E.: Aidsfobija (Aids-phobia), Acta Derm Jug 17 (1990),
07. Barišić Druško V., Paljan D., Kansky A., Vujasinović S.: Prevalence of Psoriasis in Croatia, Acta
Derm Venereol (Stokh) 1989: Suppl 16: 178-179.
08. Vujasinović S., Cividini-Stranić E.: Nekateri psihosomatski aspekti luskavice (Some Psychosomatic
Aspects of Psoriasis), Psoriasis 29, 1990, 3.6.
09. Paljan D., Dobrić I., Pašić A., Vujasinović S.: Carcinoma spinocellulare in: Dobrić I. et al.: Izbrana
poglavja iz Dermatološke onkologije (Selected Chapters on Dermatologic Oncology), Zagreb,
Sveučilišna naklada Liber, 1990, 57-62.
10. Dobrić I., Vujasinović S., Basta Juzbašić A.: Pigment Nevus-Moles (Nevus-Moles Pigment) in: in:
Dobrić I. et al.: Izbrana poglavja iz Dermatološke onkologije (Selected Chapters on Dermatologic
Oncology), Zagreb, Sveučilišna naklada Liber, 1990, 63-70.
11. Dobrić I., Popović Š., Montani D., Jukić S., Vujasinović S.: Melanoma malignum in: in: Dobrić I. et
al.: Izbrana poglavja iz Dermatološke onkologije (Selected Chapters on Dermatologic oncology),
Zagreb, Sveučilišna naklada Liber, 1990, 63-70.
12. Kansky A., Paljan D., Dobrić I., Vujasinović S.: Negative Antiibodies to HIV Patients with Classical
Kaposis Sarcoma, Acta Derm Jug 16, 1989, 153-156.
13. Vujasinović S., Budimčić D.: Delovna sposobnost in invalidnost pri luskavici (Work Ability and
Disability with Psoriasis), Psoriasis 31, 1991, 7-8.
14. Vujasinović S.: Itching and Venous Leg Ulcers Psychological Support of Atopic Dermatitis in T. J.
Ryan: Modern Approaches to Wound Management, Vienna, November 1996 (Suppl. Page 4).
15. Vujasinović S.: Dermatovenerologija (Dermatovenearology) in: Čajevec Rudi et al.: Medicina
športa Celje (Sport Medicine in Celje), 1997, 153-156.
CONGRESSES AND OTHER EXPERT ACTIVITIES
01. The first International Symposium of Dermatologists and Psychiatrists (Vienna-Austria, Sept.
1987); active attendance: a lecture
02. International Symposium on Acquired Bullous Dermatoses (Zagreb, October 1986).
03. International Congress: Psihosomatika v dermatologiji (Psychosomatics in Dermatology), (Split,
September 1989); active attendance: a lecture
04. Dermatology 2000 International Congress (Vienna-Austria, May 1993).
05. The 16th International Congress of Dermatosurgery (Budapest-Hungary, October 1995).
06. 4th Kogoj's Days (Ljubljana, May 1996).
07. The International Congress of Clinical Dermatology 2000 (Vancouver, Canada, May 1996)
08. Cosmetic Surgery Symposium (Vancouver, Canada, June 1996).
09. The 17th Congress of Dermatosurgery (Tel Aviv, Israel, September 1996).
10. Study visits to German Centre for Dermatology (DMZ) at the Dead Sea, Israel in a-week-time
duration; officially invited by Mr SEIDL, M.D., the general manager of the centre. The DMZ centre
is one of the world’s leading centres for climatic treatment of chronic skin diseases and other
illnesses (September 1996).
11. International symposium Dedne motnje keratinizacije (Genetic Disorders of Keratinization),
(Ljubljana, October 1996); active attendance: a lecture
12. International symposium Wound Healing Forum (Vienna, Austria, November 1996); active
attendance: a lecture
13. The 19th World Congress of Dermatology (Sydney, Australia, June 1997).
14. The 4th World Conference of Melanoma (W.H.O.); (Sydney, Australia, June 1997).
15. International symposium Some News in Dermatology (Ivanić-grad, Croatia, September 1997);
active attendance: a lecture
16. International symposium Dermatomycoses and Parasitic Skin Diseases (Ljubljana, Slovenia, June
17. The 19th International Congress of Dermatosurgery (Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, October 1998).
18. International symposium on Malign Melanoma and Skin Cancer (Ljubljana, Slovenia, November
19. Regular expert co-worker in the SALON magazine for hair-stylists and cosmeticians. More than 50
expert articles published up to now.
20. Contractual work with the Secondary Medical School in Celje (programme for adult students).
21. Cooperation with the Institute of Oncology in Ljubljana, Slovenia in the field of malign melanoma
treatment (Prof. Rudolf Z., dr.med.); cooperation with psychiatrists (Pahljina, dr.med., Celje,
Slovenia) and psychologists (Doc. Zdenka Zalokar-Divjak); pathologists (General Hospital in Celje,
Slovenia) and dermatohistopathologists (Miljkovič, dr. med., Berčič, dr. med., Maribor, Slovenia);
cooperation with orthopaedists (due to the medicine of sport – hospital in Valdoltra, Slovenia),
with traumatologists (hospital in Celje; UCC Ljubljana, Slovenia), gynecologists (Partner treatment
of sexually transmittable diseases), infectologists, paediatricians, specialists in internal diseases
and yet with many other practitioners of general medical practice from the entire state of
22. Days of Dermatology, international symposium (Maribor, November 7th – 8th 2003)
Slobodan Vujasinović, dr. med.
Specialist of dermatovenearology